YOUNG AMERICANS ARE HUNGRY FOR THE TRUTH
I surveyed my students and asked them what they wanted to learn. They said they wanted to know practical things about real life—how to earn a good living, get the right education, get a good job, find a great person to marry, have a loving family, and deal with fear and frustration. They wanted to know how to reach a rich and abundant life. They did not want to be told what to do; they were interested in learning about the consequences of their choices and actions. I responded by writing my own teaching materials built around six simple and powerful goals which had worked for me and many others.
THE MINIMUM GOALS
- PREGNANCY: Don't get pregnant or get someone pregnant before high school graduation and marriage.
- WORK: Get a job (almost any job) and build on it.
- MARRIAGE: Get married and stay married.
THE HIGHER GOALS
- WORK SMART: Work hard on your job, but work harder on improving yourself.
- SET GOALS: Write down your goals and concentrate on achieving them.
- SEEK GOD: Seek a positive, powerful relationship with God.